- Add comments
Lehigh Hanson Asphalt has been and continues to be in violation of a court ordered mandate to install pollution controls – issued over 20 years ago.
Despite these violations, the City of Berkeley authorizes the asphalt plant to operate through a City Use Permit. Use permits can be suspended or revoked for Public Nuisance concerns such as air pollution.
The asphalt plant was ordered to put in pollution controls in a 1999 legal settlement (over 20 years ago!). State of the art pollution control, monitoring, and management systems are needed NOW!
Pollution controls should be fully installed, tested, and shown to be effective prior reauthorizing asphalt plant operations.
Email these City of Berkeley officials:
- Mayor Jesse Arreguín (JArreguin@cityofberkeley.info)
- City Manager’s office (email@example.com)
- City Council District 1: West Berkeley north of University (Rashi Kesarwani RKesarwani@cityofberkeley.info)
- City Council generic firstname.lastname@example.org
- City Manager email@example.com
- Interim Planning and Building Department Director Jordan Klein JKlein@cityofberkeley.info